X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM 2, NOW IN NORWAY

NOW AVAILABLE FROM GRIFFIN MODELS...

A BAROGRAPH FOR SOARING ENTHUSIASTS...

From Soaring Circuits of the USA comes the model soaring pilot's answer to the glider pilot's barograph, the RAM 2...

400 Bad Request

This altimeter has been designed for measuring and recording altitude data in model aircraft. A complete altimeter package currently consists of three parts: the altimeter itself, a 10 foot cable to connect the altimeter to your computer's serial port, and a Windows application used for viewing and storing flight data on your computer.

For model airplane use, the altimeter plugs into an unused channel on your receiver for power. When power is turned on to your system, the altimeter will go through a 2 minute waiting period to allow the semiconductor pressure sensor to settle. This is unfortunately unavoidable due to the extremely small pressure variations that the altimeter is measuring. After this 2 minute period, the altimeter will beep 3 times to notify you that it is taking data, and you may begin your flight. Data will continue to be taken until power to the altimeter is removed. Every time power is re-applied to the altimeter it will begin storing data under a new flight. This can continue until the 4-1/2 hours of memory is full. So, for example, you could have one long 4-1/2 hour flight, or nine 1/2 hour flights, or eighteen 15 minute flights, etc.

For recreational use, the altimeter may be powered by a standard 9 volt battery. It may be used to record altitude information on a hike or a drive to the mountains.

Ken Bates
    Never Mind the Label

Endelig!

Har ventet på at en annen modell skulle bli tilgjengelig hos en leverandør, men nu kan man altså få dette i Norge.
    7,5 gram kan man leve med i flya våre, og siden vi er i gang med sleping/tauing i klubben og ikke har tatt skrittet til telemetri (pga prisen) er dette et produkt jeg MÅ ha. Greit å vite hvor høyt man klinker ut seileren, Vet at mange DLG-flygere bruker sånt aktivt for å forbedre kasteteknikken sin.
    Og alle andre som lurer på hvor høyt man egentlig er slipper å lure.

Hva vil prisen bli på gadgeten?
    Absolutt ikke NLF-medlem lenger!

Comment

USD100 will be in the ball-park - have not calculated exactly yet - but certainly well within Griffin's friendly pricing policy.

Ken Bates
      Never Mind the Label

Comment

Working...
      X